Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Wedding mania!

Between planning my own wedding and preparing for my clients, I am getting so excited! I would love to be shooting a wedding every weekend because weddings, surprisingly for me, are turning out to be my "cup of tea."

See, when I was in college majoring in photography I remember one of my professors going on about his wedding photography business that he was doing on the side. He made them sound exhausting and completely unenjoyable as if he was subliminally telling us to avoid wedding shoots. I remember thinking to myself, "I will never ever want to photograph weddings..."

I also remember taking a professional photography business course. We studied up and down the ways of prepping a business plan. The professor also went on about hiring lawyers, accountants, and that you would be working non stop, no breaks, no vacations, no time off. I remember thinking to myself, "I never ever EVER want to own my own photo business...."

And now here I am today. I started my own business after working for a photo studio for three years and being tired of never seeing my name on my own work. I wanted to take things to the next level and it was certainly hard to teach "old dogs" new tricks.

I also have fallen in love with shooting weddings. It is one of the most rewarding moments when the images you present to the bride and groom bring back the joy, and sometimes the tears, from their special day. While yes it can be exhausting, ha ha, it is by far ENJOYABLE. It is a celebration that day, and I am part of it. It is a true honor.

So, seven years ago I was singing a different tune. But, I really like today's tune better ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment